Wednesday, July 9, 2014

#StahpTheDrama

Before I begin, many of you may disagree with me on what I am about to say. That is a good thing, as we are all entitled to your own opinion, but saying that, please be respectful of mine. I know this is a long post, but it's well worth reading.

A while ago, Spike Hike came up with the hashtag StahpTheDrama on the social media site known as Twitter. I believe very few people respect that hashtag, and we need to change that. That leads into all of my separate topics which I will be discussing. First off, takeovers. Many of you think that Disney is just trying to "ruin" Club Penguin for the worse with all their "advertisements" via takeovers. Not at all. Disney is being smart, because a good majority of Club Penguin players enjoy watching the shows or movies they are supporting, or if it's the case of celebrity (Zendaya in the Music Jam 2014 for example), then it's because the audience enjoys their music. It's not advertising. It's making opportunities for that part of the audience, and just making the game more enjoyable depending on your style. On to the next topic, constructive criticism. A lot of people simply just say, "I hate this party", or "Disney ruins Club Penguin", or things along those lines. First off, directly saying that is a bit rude. Secondly, the examples I stated are not using constructive criticism. Constructive criticism is where you politely say something you dislike about something, and give a suggestion on how to improve it. For example, "This is a good party! I don't really like the _____ feature, could you maybe change it so that during the party you can _____?" That's a perfect example. The next topic is the first topic about hacking. The Club Penguin team is trying their best to ban all of the hackers correctly, and they are actually doing quite well, though many people criticize them on that. That's rude, and it's not very funny at all, as they try and make it be. Please stop, and if you see a hacker, don't just sit around, report them please. The (kind of) next topic is the second topic about hacking. This one is why you shouldn't hack. If you look up the word hacking in my dictionary, the definition will be "Cheating yourself", because that's what hacking is. Plus, if you, let's say hack in an item, you will never truly feel accomplished because you didn't earn that item. Hacking gives you physical advantages, but not real, legitimate ones. Lastly, I want to talk about what some people call old and new CP. Club Penguin will always be Club Penguin, people think that the fact that Disney now owns it is a bad thing. Again, it opens many opportunities and I think Club Penguin has improved greatly since Disney took over. If you don't think so, I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is the fact that people go around saying how they hate "new" CP. First of all, they don't use constructive criticism as they should (talked about above), and if they want something changed/brought back then they can email Club Penguin Support for that. I'm done talking now. As stated at the top, we are all entitled to our own opinion, please don't hate me for mine. Thank you for reading.

Woddylan/Dylan
The Imagineers Network

1 comment: