Thursday, March 27, 2014

Club Penguin Times Issue #440

FINALE SNEAK PEEK
Almost time to light the lights!

By Cadence -- Check it! I gotta sneak peek of the finale show and it's AMAZING! I knew the Muppets could put on a show, but this one is BANANAS! Ur gonna be hitting the Stage in the Plaza, with all the Muppets!

First off, the set is looking GORGEOUS--it's showing off that classic style. When u get there, ur going to get a special from Kermit. He's totally ICE! Not just putting on a show but handing out swag at the door! Then it's time to hit the stage! Or take in the wicked show ur friends are putting on. Or BOTH!

When ur in the spotlight, perform whatever Muppets acts u want. Mix it up with some jokes or dances. Remember to make it unique. The coolest part about watching ur shows is the crazy ideas u all come up with. Where else r you gonna see a talking squid do a duet with an outback explorer!?

So rock ur spot on the Stage. U earned it!


NEWSFLASH
Catch performances at a theater igloo near you before the big finale!


BUNSEN AND BEAKER VISIT GARY'S LAB
A meeting of scientific minds.

By Aunt Arctic -- Gary the Gadget Guy gave a tour of his lab to Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker from Muppet Labs. Like Gary, Bunsen lets curiosity get the better of him sometimes. I was concerned when I saw them tinkering on a Toaster 3000 together. It turns out my fears were well-placed. After the fires were put out, the three collaborated on ideas for electric paper clips.

At the end of the tour, Gary regretted not being able to show them more. He said, "My newest discoveries are quite astounding! But they're from the future so I have some concerns..." I tried to ask Gary more, but he began discussing his Paper Clip 3000 plans. Apparently it increases the paper holdiness by 98.3%!


UPCOMING EVENTS

Mar. 28: Don't miss your curtain call at the big show!

Apr. 1 Muppets
Wish bon voyage to The Muppets!

Apr. 3 The Stage
The plays return with Battle of the Ancient Shadows!

Apr. 3 Penguin Style
Puffletastic fashions hit the Clothes Shop!

Find the collectible pin! Hidden now until April 2.
Next pin hidden: April 3-16


ASK DOT

What's your favorite act?
-Thea Turr

I'm such a drama buff! I've been watching all the acts backstage, usually disguised as a bench! IT's really hard to choose a favorite. Each performer puts their own spin on the performances. Plus, we get to watch them in all these international venues. It's so dramatic!

But you asked for my favorite, and I have to give you a real answer! I'll go with Walter's tab dance number. Seeing duos of dancers on the cricket pitch in India will always make me smile.

I'm also looking forward to the finale. Maybe that one will end up on my top spot!


DOT INTERVIEW THE GREAT GONZO
Dot learns from Gonzo's acting technique.

I was very lucky to get to interview one of the great performers of all time: Gonzo!

Dot: So, your acts always push boundaries. What drives you to try out new artistic expressions?

Gonzo: Art and doing daring-do is who I am. I love to watch the audience gasp when I fly out of a cannon or go "ewww" when I start dancing in oatmeal! I never gets old.

Dot: And where do you find your ideas? You always come up with such incredible plans.

Gonzo: Thank you, Dot! I try to do what's never been done--and I soon find out why no body else did it, cause it hurts. But I'll do anything for art. The only thing that stops me are the insurance people!

Dot: Thanks so much for joining me, Gonzo. Where can we find you right now?

Gonzo: I'm going to be in Spain showing a piece I call "Bulls Chase Matador". And then I'll be at the Stage for the finale on March 28!

SECRETS
Note from Ocean6100: Sorry, the Secrets part of the newspaper is unavailable due to a glitch.

JOKES
Q. What do cows read at bedtime?
A. Dairy tales!
-Red Diddy1

Q. What did one plate say to the other?
A. Lunch is on me!
-Brittani1096

Q. Why do penguins wear glasses?
A. To help their ice-sight!
-Mr Waddlerrr

Q. What does a baby computer call his father?
A. Data!
-Izambella

Q. Why did the picture go to jail?
A. Because it was framed!
-Maaryenn

Q. What did the carrot say at the party?
A. Lett-us turn-up the beat!
-Jenny5136

Q. Why do pets go the salon?
A. To get a pet-acure!
-Allysott

1 comment: